Banquets Sous Chef
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
We are now seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Sous Chef to join our award winning kitchens and banquets teams at Stamford Grand Adelaide on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Executive Chef the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- all food production in the banquet operations
- managing the Banquet kitchen
- leading and motivating the chefs under your direction
- preparing Mise en Place for your shift and the proceeding shift
- communicating with kitchen and service staff to ensure the highest standard of guest service
- assisting in both the supervision and training of Commis and Apprentice Chefs
- ensuring your area meets budget, costs and labour expenditure
- preparing and administering work schedules for Chefs in your designated area
- preparing daily food requisitions
- ensuring that Stamford Hotels and Resorts are able to put the safety of their employees and guests first every time
- experience in a similar role in a five star environment
- a fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- exceptional attention to detail
- excellent communication skills
- well groomed and professional in appearance
- the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite
- commitment with flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays
- qualifications in commercial cookery (minimum Certificate III)
- qualification in Hospitality Management
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- Great opportunities for career development;
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting 5 Star Hotel environment;
- An attractive food and beverage and accommodation discount program.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.