- Be trained and mentored by Industry Professionals
- Work for Brisbane’s finest 5 star luxury Hotel
- Fast paced, challenging and diverse role
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel. Our Kabuki Restaurant offers a unique culinary and cultural experience for everyone, from the sizzling drama of Teppanyaki to a traditional à la carte menu. The Restaurant offers a vast range of meat, seafood and vegetable dishes prepared in an authentic Japanese style. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please follow the links to our website through: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the role
We are currently seeking a Chef with Teppanyaki experience or eager to learn skills in Teppanyaki cookery and Japanese cuisine, to join our team in the Kabuki Japanese Restaurant. To be successful in this role you will need enthusiasm, showmanship, personality, professionalism, exceptional presentation, respect for the industry and an excellent work ethic.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 5 star Japanese cuisine to customers and enhance their dining experience with Teppanyaki performance that is surprising and professional
- The ability to stay motivated with a high level of character and charisma, as well as being able to provide your individual personality and flair to the outlet
- Multi-task in a fast paced environment while constantly maintaining a calm demeanour
- Be available to work flexible shifts such as weekends, public holidays and split shifts for lunch and dinner service
Skills and Experience
An Australian recognised Trade or relevant qualification in Commercial Cookery
- Knowledge of Japanese cuisine, especially Teppanyaki and sushi
- Have excellent team work skills and be a confident communicator
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great career opportunities
- The opportunity to work and be trained by industry professionals
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotel
- Discounted accommodation throughout Stamford Hotels & Resorts
- Free staff meals
- Uniforms and laundry
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role we’d love to hear from you!
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this stage. We will however keep your details on file for other suitable positions that may arise in the next 3 months.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.