- Do you have a passion for entertaining?
- Does Japanese cuisine interest you?
- This is an exciting opportunity to learn from the industry’s best
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel. Our Kabuki Restaurant offers a unique culinary and cultural experience for everyone, from the sizzling drama of Teppanyaki to a traditional à la carte menu. The Restaurant offers a vast range of meat, seafood and vegetable dishes prepared in an authentic Japanese style. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please follow the links to our website through: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the role
Our Kabuki Japanese Restaurant is seeking part time Teppanyaki Chefs who are eager to show their skills in Teppanyaki cookery or have a passion for Japanese cuisine. Our chefs are not only expected to provide 5 star cuisine but also surprise and delight our guests during their dining experience. To be successful in this role you will need enthusiasm, showmanship, personality, professionalism, exceptional presentation, respect for the industry and an excellent work ethic.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 5 Star Japanese cuisine to customers and enhance their dining experience with Teppanyaki performance that is engaging, entertaining and professional
- The ability to stay motivated with a high level of character and charisma, as well as being able to provide your individual personality and flair to the outlet
- Multi-task in a fast paced environment while constantly maintaining a calm demeanour
- Be available to work for dinner service and weekends
Skills and experience
- An Australian recognised Trade or relevant qualification in Commercial Cookery
- The ability to entertain guests with your charisma and skills in juggling and showmanship
- Interest in Japanese cuisine, especially Teppanyaki (previous Teppanyaki or Japanese cookery experience is preferable)
- Have excellent team work skills and be a confident communicator
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great career opportunities
- The opportunity to work and be trained by industry professionals
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotel
- Free staff meals
- Uniforms and laundry