As Australasia's leading owner and operator of landmark luxury hotels, Stamford Hotels and Resorts is committed to exceed the expectations of excellence of our guests.
We are looking for a highly dynamic and business savvy individual to join us as a Junior Accountant for our Sydney hotels.
As an integral member of the Finance Team and reporting directly to the Area Financial Controller, you are assisting in ensuring that all accounting transactions covering various activities of the business are fully, accurately and properly recorded in accordance with policies, local regulations and general accounting standards.
- Assist Area Financial Controller in overseeing the accounts of 2 hotels
- Assist in Monthly / Quarterly / Yearly financial reporting
- Assist in Analysing of the monthly results providing commentary on variances
- Assist in preparation and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Assist in ensure integrity and accuracy of financial records
- Assist in preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Assist in Planning and Forecasting
- Assist with lodgement of BAS and FBT, and other compliance related lodgements.
- Liaise with external advisory / auditors when required
- Identify and implement improvement to processes and systems
- Update internal reports each month including the Daily Flash Report
- Work collaboratively with other departments and provide support with reporting, data and analysis
- Assist Finance team in general accounting duties, month end
- Assist Area Financial Controller in all projects across the organisation
- Assist with Finance powerpoint presentations
To successfully fill this role
You will likely possess extensive working knowledge of accounting procedures, with experience in Finance in a hospitality environment, and who are eager to develop your career into a Hotel Accountant. You hold a tertiary qualification and qualified accountant.
The role will require good written and spoken English, a pleasant attitude that supports team work environment.
What we're looking for:
- Proficiency with Opera and Sun Systems accounting systems
- Experience with intermediate to advanced Excel skills and Word
- Good understanding of hotel operations
- Degree qualified is essential with some experience in the same or similar role
Culture & Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
Competitive Salary and benefits
- Free staff meals
- Dry Cleaning
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please forward your application (covering letter and CV) via the link below.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer