Guest Service Agents
As Australasia's leading owner and operator of landmark luxury hotels, Stamford is committed to exceeding the highest expectations of excellence of all our guests. Stamford welcomes people who share this passion and who have a positive approach to 'simply exceptional service'.
The Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, is a 5 star 315 room hotel, located at the entrance to the Sydney domestic airport. We are currently seeking a talented, passionate, customer service focused Part-Time and Full-Time Front Office Guest Service Agents to join our Front Office Team.
Reporting to the Front Office Manager and Assistant Managers, your responsibilities include:
- Provide efficient and professional service and ensure a smooth check in and check out process for guests.
- To give a friendly welcome every time a guest comes past the reception desk.
- Prepare group arrivals under the supervision of the senior receptionist.
- Handle foreign exchange transactions for guests including converting credit card transactions into foreign currency.
- Report any complaints or suspicious actions to Assistant Manager/ Front Office Manager and notify of any action taken.
- Endeavour to sell rooms and other Hotel facilities whenever possible.
- Attend to car park charges and validations ensuring all are correct. Answer all communications from the car park, boom gate exit buzzer, checking all guests have paid.
- Send faxes and action business centre requests as required.
To be successful in this role, you will require the following:
- Minimum one year's hotel experience is highly desirable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of a reservations system, Opera is an advantage
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and an ability to follow tasks through to completion
- An ability to foster team spirit with a positive, can do attitude
- Excellent problem solving / researching skills
- Proactive and positive focus with a passion for hospitality and travel
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.