As Australasia’s leading owner and operator of landmark luxury hotels, Stamford Hotels and Resorts are committed to exceeding the highest expectations of excellence of all our guests and therefore have a proud history of providing excellence in service and product.
The superior quality sets us apart from our competitors. When you walk through our doors, you will be welcomed into an establishment that has a character all of its own, staffed by professional, friendly people…our people are our business because they are our most valuable assets.
We currently have a fantastic and challenging career opportunity for an experienced and motivated Reservations Supervisor.
This role will be based at at Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport and reporting to the Reservations Manager.
You will be responsible for the daily operations of the reservations department for Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport and Sir Stamford at Circular Quay and your duties will include:
- Responsible for the Reservations Department In the absence of the Reservations Manager
- Assisting the Reservations team with day to day tasks including overflow of calls and stepping in to assist as required
- Having a clear understanding of all reservations and revenue related statistics
- Working closely with hotel management and revenue maximisation across all distribution channels
- Ensuring all group reservations are carried out in an accurate and time effective manner
- Establishing strong relationships with clients, follow up signed contract, prepayment and monitor group block and pick up/ no-shows and cancellations, effectively yield manage all available accommodation rooms
- Appropriately handling of guest complaints
- Training of reservations and front office team members
- Ensuring all Third Party Websites are managed and updated correctly
- Ensuring to actively promote upselling within the reservations team and implementing incentives
- Assisting with processing travel agent commissions
- Being actively aware of occupancy levels, rates and hotel inventory.
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 2 year experience in reservations/front office. Group reservations experience is essential
- Strong time management and task prioritisation skills
- Have a passion to maximum revenue
- Be able to work independently and have the ability to run a busy reservations system
- Strong attention to detail and numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong motivator in a team environment
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, team members and management
- Proficient in Hotel systems including GDS, Channel Managers, OPERA and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please forward your application (covering letter and CV) via the link below. Please note we will ONLY be contacting candidates who are successful for an interview.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.