Business Development Manager
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing in this exciting and varied role you will solicit and secure business from key Groups and MICE sources, create and prospect new accounts, generate leads and maintain key relationships across a selected portfolio of accounts. This is a full time role as part of a dynamic and results orientated sales team.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- To source and establish new business opportunities
- Proactively maintain and service a portfolio of corporate accounts
- To sell the hotel as a total concept ensuring maximum business in all areas: rooms, conferences and food and beverage
- Organise and Participate in client entertaining, functions, familiarisations / educational, site inspections and Industry network events
- Recognise and act on potential business opportunities, Including responsibility for tender/RFP process for relevant clients
- Prepare client correspondence including rate letters, tenders and general correspondence
- Participate in designated travel and trade shows, where required. Some evening and weekend shows anticipated
- Interstate and country sales trips as required
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of competitor’s products, developments, rates and policies
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about Sales and looking for the next step up in their career
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar business development role
- A track record of lead generation and building business across managed accounts
- Immaculate personal presentation skills and grooming
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for hospitality service excellence, with an eye for detail towards delivering an unrivalled customer service experience
- Ability to foster team spirit with a positive, can do attitude,
- Excellent problem solving / researching skills
- Previous experience within a hotel environment
- Working knowledge and use of CRM systems preferable.
- An understanding of and interest in national and international hospitality and tourism trends and markets
- Previous hotel or tourism sector experience
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting Hotel environment;
- An attractive food and beverage discount program
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No recruitment agencies please.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.