Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a five star luxury hotel located at the 'Paris end' of Little Collins Street in the heart of the shopping & theatre district. We are now seeking an energetic casual Kitchen Hand to join our award winning team.
The successful person will be responsible for:
- Routine cleaning of kitchens and equipment
- Ensuring kitchen equipment has been stored correctly
- Disposing of rubbish and sanitise bins including operation of the compactor
- Ensuring grills, combi ovens and steamers are soaked and scrubbed on a daily basis
- Polish equipment when required
- Adhering to the OH&S guidelines and wearing personal protective equipment
- Setup and pack down of the employee canteen
- Having sound knowledge of the material safety data sheets
Stamford Plaza Melbourne are looking for a person who has:
- Attained a current Food Handlers certification (desirable)
- Experience as a Kitchen Hand (highly desirable)
- Experience with using chemicals safely
- Well groomed and professional in appearance
- The ability to work under pressure
- Good English communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Displays problem solving skills
- Commitment with flexibility to work mornings, evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays
- Shares a passion for the hospitality industry
Stamford Plaza Melbourne provides staff with internal career progression, training and development initiatives & discounts on hotels goods and services.
To express interest in this role please send a cover letter and CV outlining your skills and experience to email@example.com.