Conference and Events Coordinator
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
- Actively listen to clients and understand their needs
- Research organisations and contacts
- Pursue, identify, review and win new business opportunities
- Assist with the sales and account management from initial client inquiry, negotiating, contract proposals and up selling
- Manage time effectively to meet weekly deadlines
- Effective communication with various departments to ensure the event is executed effectively
- Execution of all services for books, keeping in line with budgets, incentives and objectives
- Impeccable presentation and advanced communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Event Management qualification or experience
- A high level of organisation and show initiative
- A high level of attention to detail ensuring clients requests are met and delivered in their event experience
- Ability to collaborate with multiple hotel departments for each events’ success
- Experience in a similar position within hospitality industry
- Working knowledge of Delphi and Opera computer systems
- Sound computer skills in the Microsoft Computer Suite
- Demonstrated sales skills
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting hotel environment
- An attractive food and beverage discount program.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role, please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No recruitment agencies please.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.