As Australasia's leading owner and operator of landmark luxury hotels, Stamford Hotels and Resorts is committed to exceed the expectations of excellence of our guests.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a highly dynamic and business savvy individual to join us as a Financial Controller for one of our hotels in Australia.
As an integral member of the Executive Team and reporting directly to the Singapore Head Office (CFO) and General Manager, you will be responsible for providing management assistance whilst overseeing all finance, accounting and administration functions on a day to day basis. You will be required to lead a Finance Team as well as the Department Heads to ensure our Company meets its financial benchmarks. You will act as a strategic business partner to ensure the highest standard of financial management is achieved and assist the management team to manage the hotel to its highest standards and optimum financial return.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Initiate and maintain effective control procedures to ensure all assets, liabilities, income and expenses are accurately recorded
- Preparation, review and analysis of daily, weekly and end of period management reports
- Compile and analyse financial information
- Analyse and control expenditures of all departments to ensure compliance to budgetary requirements
- Collaborate with each Department Head on the financial performance of their outlets
- Completion of budgets and forecasts
- Mentor and motivate Finance Team members
- Ensure a continuous training program for all Finance staff
To successfully fill this role
You will likely possess extensive working knowledge of accounting procedures, with at least 3 years leading a Finance Team in a hospitality environment. You hold a tertiary qualification and ideally be CPA / CA qualified. The role will require an exceptional level of communication, organisation and attention to detail, along with problem solving abilities.
The role will require excellent written and spoken English. A superior level of leadership, dedication to staff development along with an understanding of the needs and desires of customer service are essential.
Additionally, you must have
- Proficiency with Opera and Sun Systems accounting systems
- Experience with time and attendance and payroll processing systems
- Experience with Excel and Word
- Proven understanding of hotel operations
- CA / CPA qualified essential with previous experience in the same or similar role
Culture & Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
Competitive Salary and benefits
- Free staff meals
- Dry Cleaning
- We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.