Human Resources Manager
- Competitive Salary Package & Employee Benefits
- Luxury 5 star Hotel in Brisbane’s CBD
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel and the flagship for Stamford Hotels & Resorts. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252 guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to own and lead the People agenda in our Brisbane hotel. On a day to day basis you will partner closely with the Hotel General Manager and the management team on recruitment and selection, training, staff counselling and employee relations issues. You continuously explore opportunities to improve our employer brand value, both at the hotel level and as a Group. You are a strong advocate for change and are constantly pushing the envelope on talent initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for guest service, excellent communication and be able to foster genuine relationships with staff at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all employee relations matters including Award interpretation, Enterprise Agreement and common law contract matters
- Manage WorkCover issues and return to work programs
- Exceptional eye for detail for drafting contracts and other confidential documents
- Assist Department Heads with co-ordination of staffing levels
- Empathetic and mature approach to management of staff issues
- Have a high level of communication – verbal, written and listening
- Be confident in public speaking and conducting presentations
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resource Management and an up to date knowledge of legislation
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience using KRONOS or other similar time and attendance system
- Experience using ConnX Employee Services Portal or other similar HR system
- Experience in management of Workcover and RTW processes
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Excellent salary package & employee benefits
- Great career opportunities and development
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
- Discounted accommodation throughout Stamford Hotels & Resorts
- Car parking at the Hotel
- Subsidised staff meals
- Dry cleaning
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete our application.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply or have Visa Rights to work in Australia.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this stage. We will however keep your details on file for other suitable positions that may arise in the next 3 months.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.