Stores Manager / Cost Controller
- Join one of Brisbane’s finest 5 star Hotels
- Exciting role with lots of diversity
- Great location and employee benefits
Stamford Plaza Brisbane is Stamford Hotels & Resorts flagship Hotel. It is ideally situated on the banks of the Brisbane River and a stone’s throw to the Botanic Gardens. The Hotel’s unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252 guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel is unquestionably Brisbane’s finest 5 star Hotel and additionally houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly skilled Stores Manager / Cost Controller to join our Finance Team. In this role you will be responsible for receiving, storing, monitoring, issuing and re-ordering all items consumed/used by the Hotel and its F&B Operations. To thrive in this role we need you to be passionate about the purchasing process and the implementation and monitoring of control systems throughout the hotel. Ideally, an operational knowledge of Hotels would be advantageous however more importantly we are looking for someone who is able to multitask and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain local supplier list and price quotes in Hotel Purchasing system
- Obtain quotes for all inventory and non-inventory items
- Review and authorise Store requisition and purchase orders
- Manage a small team and oversee the Store operation
- Inventory Management
- Supplier performance evaluation
- Periodical Reporting
- Support Hotel operation teams with new menu costings
- Comply with internal control requirements
- Support Store officer with receiving, storing and issuing Store stock
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in similar role or environment
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to lead and work in a small team
- Some procurement experience
- Inventory management experience
- Systems skills – preferable CHECK, Excel, Oracle Point of Sale systems
- Background in Finance an advantage
- HACCP compliance knowledge an advantage
Culture and Benefits
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great Career Opportunities
- Exciting 5 Star Hotel Environment
- The opportunity to work with Industry Professionals
- Excellent Salary Package & Employee Benefits
- Staff meals
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
How to Apply
Click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete your application.
You must have full working rights to apply for this role. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this stage. We will however keep your details on file for other suitable positions that arise in the next 3 months.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.