Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a five-star luxury hotel located at the 'Paris end' of Little Collins Street in the heart of the shopping & theater district. We are now seeking a Head Chef with a passion and drive to deliver exceptional culinary experience to our guests.
This position is responsible for a wide range of kitchen operations including Banquets, Harry’s Bar and Restaurant and the hotels In Room Dining. This is a unique, hands on position that is suitable for someone who is excited by the prospect of taking our established kitchen operations to the next level by achieving outstanding results while motivating and leading an exceptional team of qualified chefs and kitchen stewards.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, this role is responsible for consistently delivering exceptional food experiences for our guests. As our Head chef, this role also encompasses an administrative component to support the busy operations that includes effective rostering of employees, ordering of stock, development and costing of menus. The successful candidate will have demonstrated people management capabilities with the natural passion and desire to coach, mentor, grow and lead a diverse multicultural team.
To be considered for this role you will be required to possess;
- Experience in successfully managing the kitchen operations of a multi-outlet hotel or similar medium sized operation;
- Hands on approach to running the department
- Experience in mentoring, coaching and leading a team
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with a natural ability to effectively communicate to a wide diverse audience;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise your varying work load;
- A strong understanding of food cost, wastage, budgeting and manning;
- Thorough understanding around kitchen hygiene practices, environmental and food safety standards;
- Maintain HACCP certification and ensure physical and administrative compliance
- Proactively interact with guest
- Take pride in our heritage Singapore dishes
- Knowledgeable about food trends
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- Great remuneration package including a bonus incentive scheme
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting Hotel environment;
- Close to Public Transport
- Free staff meals
- Employee reward and recognition programs
- Exiting career prospects for further development
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now! Confidential enquires can be made by contacting, Human Resources on 03 965 0948