Business Development Manager- MICE
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
Stamford Plaza Melbourne is now seeking a Business Development Manager - MICE. This role would suit a passionate professional with proven experience in event sales and promotion of Food & Beverage Operations who is driven and enjoys a challenge.
What we are looking for?
- Strong initiative, high energy and personal drive
- Previous hospitality industry experience, with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Proven ability to drive sales and maximise profit
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- The proven ability to persuade, influence and a strong skill set when it comes to negotiation
- An engaging personality with exceptional communication skills
- Excellent customer service and work ethic
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, qualifying and contracting new business, including groups and residential conferences to increase market share.
- Build and maintain a strong and accurate business pipeline.
- Delivery of results against set targets and KPI's by engaging proactive sales techniques.
- Generating new business leads whilst building and maintaining our existing customer database and repeat clients.
- Design, promote and sell special events and in-house campaigns.
- Updating venue event packages.
- Attending appropriate industry/networking events.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Working knowledge of Delphi Salesforce, Opera and MS Suite
- Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
If you enjoy a fast-paced dynamic environment and love being a brand ambassador, apply now!