- Luxury 5 star Hotel in Brisbane’s CBD
- Advance your Culinary Career
- Opportunity for progression into a higher role
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel and the flagship for Stamford Hotels & Resorts. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252 guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
Due to the increased operating hours of our successful Brasserie on the River Restaurant and its new a la carte menu, and a respective requirement for pastry dishes, we are seeking two enthusiastic qualified Commis Chef's to join our kitchen brigade. If you have respect for the industry, professional 5 star standards, a great work ethic and know what it takes to succeed, we could be a great match.
Our Commis Chefs report to the Chef de Partie of their section (pastry or main) and are responsible for the smooth and efficient operations for their area. As a Commis Chef you will need to prepare and cook a range of International and Australian cuisines and produce dishes for our buffets and a la carte menus. This is a great opportunity, with straight shifts in a supportive team environment that enhances a learning culture and promoting from within.
Skills and experience
- Ability to work various shifts including early mornings, weekends and public holidays
- Enjoy working in a large team environment
- Be organised and have an eye for detail
- Can multi task in a fast paced environment while constantly maintaining a calm demeanour
- Be dedicated to providing world class cuisine
Requirements for the role
- Relevant Trade qualifications
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a similar role within a 5 star property
- Australian Resident or have visa rights to work full time
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Great career opportunities and development
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
- Free Staff meals
- Uniforms and Laundry