Front Office Receptionist
- Exciting opportunity to work in a 5 star Hotel
- Excellent Salary Package & Employee Benefits
- Amazing start to your career in the hospitality industry
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 star luxury Hotel. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252 guest rooms featuring stunning river views. The Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and additionally hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently seeking Front Office Receptionists to join our amazing team in the Front Office Department on a full time and part time basis. In your new role you will be expected to provide exceptional Reception and Front Desk services ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standard required by Stamford Plaza Brisbane.
As we are a prestigious property and we attract many high profile guests from politicians through to musicians and bands. Your ability to be able to deal with various types of guests in a confidential manner and being able to recognise their differing needs will stand you in good position for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver exceptional 5 star customer service
- Up sell and suggestive sell to enhance the guest's experience
- Maintain punctuality, efficiency and courteousness at all times
- Promote the Company’s philosophies, Credos and Core Values
- Extend a personal service to guest requirements and following through to completion.
- Be aware of VIP guest movements, hotel events, local attractions and activities
- Must be able to work various shifts including mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 1 year's experience in a similar role, preferably within a 4 or 5 star environment
- Experience using Opera property management system is an advantage
- A passion for delivering exceptional guest experiences
- Excellent communication skills with guests, management and team members
- Have an eye for detail
- Be extremely team orientated
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the strength and unity of our members within the company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Opportunity to progress within the organisation
- Free staff meals
- Uniforms and Laundry
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
- Discounted accommodation throughout Stamford Hotels & Resorts