Business Development Manager
The Sir Stamford Circular Quay, is a 5 star 105 room hotel, located at the historical end of the CBD. We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for generating conference, events and incentive business for the Hotel and the wider Stamford Hotel Group portfolio This role will have a huge focus on MICE business as well. The successful person will bring to the role their extensive experience within this field and a portfolio of existing relationships.
You will be highly regarded throughout the industry for your integrity, tenacity and professionalism.
Reporting to our Area Director of Sales and Marketing, you will be responsible for:
- Driving sales for the Hotel and targeting the Travel Management Companies, Government, Corporate and MICE Markets.
- Account managing existing clients whilst building meaningful new business relationships
- Conducting site inspections, client entertainment and being up to date with industry trends
- Selling all areas of the hotel including Rooms, Food and Beverage and any other revenue generating areas
- Mentoring the hotels Sales team
- Driving continuous improvement by streamlining business development procedures and systems
- Achieving set targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Efficient turnaround of quotations, contracts and other communications
- Conducting competitor analysis through your strong research and analytical skills
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Experience in a similar role within a 4 - 5 star Hotel environment or a Business Development Executive wants to take the next level
- Tertiary qualifications in Sales or Business preferred
- Experience in all aspects of the Travel Management Companies, Government, Corporate and MICE Markets.
- Excellent standards of personal presentation and grooming
- Intermediate computer knowledge particularly in the use of MS Office including Outlook, email and search engines
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel on a regular basis as well as a current NSW Drivers License
- Food & Beverage Discounts
- Free duty meals
- Rewards & recognition program
- Discounted car park
- Complimentary dry cleaning for work outfits
- Training & development opportunities
- Be part of a fun team
How to Apply
If you are up to this challenge, please click the APPLY button to submit your application with your resume and cover letter.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position however only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview purposes.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.