Guest Service Agent
Sydney Circular Quay
As Australasia's leading owner and operator of landmark luxury hotels, Stamford is committed to exceeding the highest expectations of excellence of all our guests. Stamford welcomes people who share this passion and who have a positive approach to 'simply exceptional service'.
The Sir Stamford Circular Quay is a 5 star, 105 room hotel, located in the heart of the CBD. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and friendly Full Time Guest Service Agent to join our amazing Front Office Team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide efficient and professional service and ensure a smooth check in and check out process for guests.
- Prepare group arrivals under the supervision of the Front Office Assistant Manager.
- Handle foreign exchange transactions for guests including converting credit card transactions into foreign currency.
- Report any complaints or suspicious actions to the Assistant Manager and notify of any action taken.
- Endeavor to sell rooms and other Hotel facilities whenever possible.
- Attend to car park charges and validations ensuring all are correct.
- Send faxes and action business center requests as required.
To be successful in this role, you will require the following:
- Minimum one year's hotel experience is highly desirable
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of a reservations system, Opera is an advantage
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and an ability to follow tasks through to completion
- An ability to foster team spirit with a positive, can do attitude
- Excellent problem solving / researching skills
- Proactive and positive focus with a passion for hospitality and travel
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.