About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
In your new role you will be responsible for managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver great food to all guests. You will be required to assist the Executive Chef in managing multiple outlets whilst maintaining cost controls in line with the hotel budget. You will be passionate about food, hands-on, work hard to achieve high quality products and services in all outlets.
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to food and beverage revenue
- Ensure all food production is in line with food and company standards
- Menu creation, costing, production, quality control and staff training
- Assist the Executive Chef to lead, train and inspire the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well organised and motivated team
- Ensure the consistent delivery of quality, well-presented food to our guest
- Versatile, be able to work in different area of productions and ensure high quality customer service standards
- Strong experience in productions and fine dining
- Demonstrate a working understanding of food, hygiene and safety principles, ensuring compliance at all times
- Support training, assessment and coaching of the kitchen brigade
What is on offer
Stamford Plaza Melbourne welcomes people who share our passion and who have a positive approach to simply exceptional service, as well as those who take ownership and pride in what they do. We are not offering just a job, but a career path with us. You will have a chance to learn and grow with us.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please forward your application (covering letter and CV) via the link below. Please note we will ONLY be contacting candidates who are successful for an interview.
The successful applicant must hold or be willing to obtain a National Police Clearance.
Stamford Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.