Groups Reservations Agent | Full-time
Stamford Plaza Melbourne is a five star luxury hotel located at the 'Paris end' of Little Collins Street in the heart of the shopping & theatre district and we are now seeking an enthusiastic and driven Groups Reservations Agent to join our award winning team.
A little bit about the role:
- Reporting directly to the Reservations Manager this position sees you promoting and selling the Stamford Plaza Melbourne hotel accommodation, services and facilities.
- You will develop a good working relationship with corporate accounts, travel agents and tour operators ensuring 5 star customer service is provided to all our guests.
- You will work with our conference and corporate group accounts.
- In addition, you will be required to take all reservation bookings and enquiries for our variety of food and beverage outlets as part of Restaurant Reservations.
- The successful candidate for this role will be both organised and able to maximise every phone call by actively selling and promoting the numerous options available to every potential customer.
Qualifications and Experience required for the role:
- Minimum 1 years experience in a similar role
- Must have previous reservations experience
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word, MS Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in the use of Opera PMS is highly desirable
- Must be an Australian Resident
To thrive in this role the successful candidate must have:
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and clear dictation
- A warm, friendly, professional manner towards all clients and staff
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high level of communication – verbal, written and listening
- The ability to multi task, prioritise tasks, remain organised and in control with daily responsibilities
- Excellent personal presentation
- Dedicated to providing 5 star service