About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
This role is diverse and will suit a highly experienced marketing guru who likes the idea of wearing many hats and will relish the many challenges of this broad role across two iconic properties in Adelaide. You will be proactive, process driven and have a great energy in a fast-paced environment. You will thrive on implementing new initiatives, campaigns and promotions, whilst adapting quickly to changing circumstances. This role is suited to a result driven individual who is hands on with the ability to supervise a team.
- Preparation of marketing and budgetary reports and participation in presentations for senior management
- Creating and driving promotional activities through events and food & beverage promotions across both properties
- Writing and distributing PR related news, stories and publications to drive Stamford’s brand awareness both locally and nationally
- Working with the multiple business units to enhance their diverse range of products and guest experiences, this will include the development of the Hotel's special events like Mother’s Day, Christmas Day, Valentine's Day and New Year’s Eve etc.
- Working with various entertainment agencies to drive the Hotel's profile and guest utilisation resulting in increased revenues
- Ensuring our online marketing content is up to date on the Hotel’s and externally via third party websites
- Preparing marketing briefs for advertising campaigns, both print and digital
- Strategically manage social media content and campaigns for Facebook and Instagram including daily posts and advertising of our offerings and events
- Managing a team to ensure high level of productivity is delivered
To be considered for this challenging, varied and business functional role, the following skills and attributes are essential:
- Relevant degree or industry experience in marketing
- Extensive marketing knowledge and awareness of our brand
- Highly organised and accurate with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines
- A solid understanding of ROI reporting and mutually beneficial sponsorships, partnerships and cross promotions
- Technology and commercially savvy with proven experience in a similar role
- Strong business partnering skills coupled with exceptional negotiation skills
- Exceptional communication skills with the natural ability to emphasise with our business and team
- Ability to think creatively, laterally and logically to develop solutions
- An understanding of and interest in national and international hospitality and tourism trends and markets
- Previous hotel or tourism sector experience (desirable)
Applications are invited from candidates with relevant experience. Please click the apply button to submit your application
Stamford Hotels & Resorts are an equal opportunity employer.
Please note – only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.