Business Development Manager - MICE
We are seeking a MICE sales specialist, based in Sydney, to generate new leads and business opportunities for our Brisbane and Adelaide properties. AS such, periodic travel between Brisbane and Adelaide is required.
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operators of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Attracting new business within a range of corporate industries and market sectors via various proactive activities including, but not limited to: sales calls, face to face presentations, hosting clients, attending networking and business-related events and retaining clients through relationship management.
- Manage and respond to all inquiries and communicate with the Conference & Events team for proposal and contract generation.
- Effectively and professionally conduct site inspections.
- Ensure a high level of communication, both internally and externally.
- Develop, execute and review a progressive business development plan to achieve sales targets for the three hotels.
- Continuously review of the marketplace, competitor analysis and industry trends.
- Weekly revenue and activity reporting.
- Attend and actively participate in weekly sales & marketing team meetings.
- Ensure the hotels maintain strong positioning within the MICE Market.
- 2 + years previous experience in the hospitality or events industries.
- Excellent communicator with an outgoing & dynamic personality; and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proven success in meeting sales targets.
- Self-motivated with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Existing and strong established contacts within the corporate marketplace, or the ability to quickly establish relationships.
- Excellent client management and relationship development skills.
- Strong financial understanding of sales reporting, budgets and forecasting.
- Ability to plan, implement and execute business development plans.
- Highly presentable with excellent networking capabilities.
- High-level industry knowledge and understanding of market trends and competitors.
- Delphi & Opera knowledge preferred
- Tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge/relationships with PCO’s is advantageous.
This vacancy presents an outstanding opportunity to develop your hospitality career in a friendly and professional team environment. If you are passionate, motivated and goal orientated, please apply now! Please click on the 'Apply' button. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts are an Equal Opportunity Employer.