Front Office Representative
About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 2500 rooms, 2200 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit for excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect and integrity among our employees, business partners and the community at large.
About the role
We are seeking energetic and enthusiastic Front Office Representatives to join our award winning team at Stamford Grand Adelaide on a casual basis. The Stamford Grand Adelaide is one of Adelaide’s premier beach side resorts located in Glenelg and has access to Jetty Road’s vibrant shopping strip. The Hotel features 220 luxury rooms and all the trimmings of a resort style property.
The successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional customer service to guests
- Providing efficient, professional service where guests can check-in and out of the Hotel with ease
- Operating the Hotel’s switchboard system, answering all incoming calls promptly and efficiently
- Facilitating the guest payment process in accordance with policies and procedures
- Creating bookings for guests outside of reservation opening hours
- Assisting with guest queries in a professional manner
- Maintain knowledge of Hotel facilities and promotions.
- Experience as a Front Office Representative in a 5 star environment (highly desirable)
- Experience with hotel booking systems –preferably Opera (desirable)
- A qualification or currently undertaking studies in Hospitality Management (desirable)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Proactive focus and shares a passion for the hospitality industry
- Well groomed and professional in appearance
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Displays problem solving skills
- Commitment with flexibility to work mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Culture and Benefits
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- Great opportunities for career development
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting hotel environment.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive and skills to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. No recruitment agencies please.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.